Thursday, September 1, 2011

...Pining

Dear Customer Service,

I miss you. It seems like not so long ago that we spent time together. You would help me shop, bank, take care of my car, even serve me coffee. Where are you? Where are you, CS? I miss you.

Sometimes, I'll walk into a Duane Reade, not thinking about you at all, them WHAM! like that it hits me...your complete absence. I ache at your loss... at my loss of you.

Today, I was in a Budget Rental Car. I almost expected to see you there, but no. You were no where to be seen. The rep almost gave me a Grand Marquis. She didn't ask if I wanted an EZ Pass, she tried to overcharge me, and when I politely refused insurance she replied "On this holiday weekend? I hope you get there."

Sometimes, I call your number but it must have changed. Someone in India answers. They're very nice, but it's just not the same. That person and I don't speak the same language. Remember that, CS? We used to speak the same language! You seemed to understand me perfectly but now...

I tried talking to someone online, but you can't have a relationship with a computer.

Maybe I need to move down south. Last I heard you were still there.

I miss you, CS. I miss you. I miss you. I miss you.

Very sincerely,
Molly

1 comment: